(31) Homogeneous catalysis for the conversion of CO2, CO, CH3OH, and CH4 to C2+ chemicals via C–C bond formation
Stella A. Fors and Christian A. Malapit*
ACS Catalysis 2023, 13, 4231
Prior to Northwestern University
(30) Advances on the merger of electrochemistry and transition metal catalysis for organic synthesis
Christian A. Malapit, Matthew B. Prater, Jaime R. Cabrera-Pardo, Min Li, Tammy D. Pham, Timothy Patrick McFadden, Skylar Blank, and Shelley D. Minteer
Chemical Reviews 2022, 122, 3180
(29) Cobalt-electrocatalytic hydrogen atom transfer for functionalization of unsaturated C–C bonds
Samer Gnaim, Adriano Bauer, Hai-Jun Zhang, Longrui Chen, Cara Gannet, Christian A. Malapit, David Hill, David Vogt, Tianhau Tang, Ryan Daley, Wei Hao, Wesley D. Beck, Hector Abruna, Donna Blackmond, Shelley D. Minteer, Sarah Reisman, Matthew S. Sigman, and Phil S. Baran
Nature 2022, 605, 687–695
(28) Electrochemical cobalt-catalyzed selective carboxylation of benzyl halides with CO2 enabled by low-coordinate cobalt electrocatalysts
Christian A. Malapit, Mayank Tanwar, Andrew D. Pendergast, Sagar Udyavara, Wesley D. Beck, Ryan Edison Smith, Selma Kadic, Tommy Primo, Ding B. Wu, Tanner Stone, Henry S. White, Matthew Neurock, Matthew S. Sigman,and Shelley D. Minteer
ChemRxiv, DOI: 10.33774/chemrxiv-2021-thftp
(25) N-Ammonium ylide mediators for selective electrochemical C–H oxidation
Masato Saito, Yu Kawamata, Michael Meanwell, Rafael Navratil, Debora Chiodi, Ethan Carlson, Pengfei Hu, Longrui Chen, Sagar Udyavara, Cian Kingston, Mayank Tanwar, Sameer Tyagi, Bruce P. McKillican, Moses G. Gichinga, Michael A. Schmidt, Martin D. Eastgate, Massimiliano Lamberto, Chi He, Tianhua Tang, Christian A. Malapit, Matthew S. Sigman, Shelley D. Minteer, Matthew Neurock, and Phil S. Baran
J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2021, 143, 7859
Among the most read articles in JACS in May 2021.
(24) Nickel-catalyzed decarbonylative amination of carboxylic acid esters
Christian A. Malapit,* Margarida Borrell,* Michael W. Milbauer, Conor E. Brigham, and Melanie S. Sanford (*equal contribution)
J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2020, 142, 5918–5923.
Highlighted in Lautens, M.; Larin, E. M. Synfacts 2020, 15, 59. [Link]
Highlighted in Green Chemistry Articles of Interest to Pharmaceutical Industry, OPRD 2020, 24, 2369. [Link]
Highlighted in Items of Interest to Process R&D Chemists & Engineers, OPRD 2020, 24, 885.
Among the most read articles in JACS in March 2020.
(23) An electrochemical reductive olefin-ketone coupling
Pengfei Hu, Byron K. Peters, Christian A. Malapit, Julien C. Vantourout, Pan Wang, Jinjun Li, Lucas Mele, Pierre-Georges Echeverria, Shelley D. Minteer, and Phil S. Baran
J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2020, 142, 20979.
Highlighted in Davey, S. G. Nature Rev. Chem. 2021, 5, 75. [Link]
Among the most read articles in JACS for the year 2021.
(22) Nickel-catalyzed decarbonylative synthesis of fluoroalkyl thioethers
Conor E. Brigham, Christian A. Malapit, Naish Lallo, and Melanie S. Sanford
ACS Catalysis 2020, 10, 8315–8320.
Highlighted in Items of Interest to Process R&D Chemists & Engineers, Org. Process. Res. Dev. 2020, 24, 2369. [Link]
Among the most read articles in ACS Catalysis in July 2020.
(19) Mechanism and scope of nickel-catalyzed decarbonylative borylation of carboxylic acid fluorides
Christian A. Malapit, James R. Bour, Simon R. Laursen, and Melanie S. Sanford
J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2019, 141, 17322–17330.
Featured in Organic Chemistry Portal. [Link]
Among the most read articles in JACS for 2019.
(17) Base-free nickel-catalysed decarbonylative Suzuki-Miyaura coupling of acid fluorides
Nature 2018, 563, 100–104
Highlighted in Lautens, M.; Larin, E. M. Synfacts 2019, 15, 59. [Link]
Highlighted in ChemistryViews Magazine.
Highlighted in Scientific Update.
(16) Palladium and nickel-catalyzed decarbonylation to convert thioesters to thioethers
Naoko Ichiishi, Christian A. Malapit, Łukasz Woźniak, and Melanie S. Sanford
Org. Lett. 2018, 20, 44–47
Featured in Organic Chemistry Portal. [Link]
Among the most read articles in Organic Letters for 2018.
(14) Enantioselective arylation of oxindoles using modified BI-DIME ligands
Hari P. R. Mangunuru, Christian A. Malapit, Nizar Haddad, Jonathan T. Reeves, Bo Qu, Sonia Rodriguez, Heewon Lee, Nathan K. Yee, Jinhua J. Song, Carl A. Busacca, and Chris H. Senanayake
Synthesis 2018, 50, 4435–4443
Invited paper dedicated to Prof. Scott E. Denmark on the occasion of his 65th birthday. [Link]
(13) Rhodium-catalyzed addition of aryl boronic acids to 2,2-disubstituted malononitriles
Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2017, 56, 6999–7002.
(11) Rhodium-catalyzed conjugate addition of aryl and alkenyl boronic acids to α-methylene-β-lactones: efficient, stereoselective synthesis of trans-3,4-disubstituted β-lactones
Org. Lett. 2017, 19, 4460–4463.
(10) 1,4-Dicarbofunctionalization of 4-fluoroaryl Grignard and lithium reagents with disubstituted malononitriles
J. Org. Chem. 2017, 82, 4993–4997.
(7) Transnitrilation from dimethylmalononitrile to aryl Grignard and lithium reagents:
a practical method for aryl nitrile synthesis
(6) Nickel- or cobalt-catalyzed cross-coupling of aryl sulfonic acid salts with Grignard reagents
Invited paper published in a special issue dedicated to Prof. Stephen Buchwald on his 60th birthday. [Link]
(3) A Roadmap for the development of nanotechnology in the Philippines
Fabian M. Dayrit, Christina C. Binag, Christian A. Malapit
A Roadmap for the development of nanotechnology in the Philippines, Chapter 5: Applications of Nanotechnology to the Environment. January 2010.